View Single Post
Old 2007-02-01, 23:03   Link #33
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardea View Post
I think Light really does lose his memories. Otherwise, I don't believe that there would need to be such a focus on the imagery of his dark, narrowed eyes becoming wide, bright, and innocent. Ryuk also left his side, indicating Light doesn't own the Death Note anymore. That's just me picking at things like that though.
He is a good actor. What am I saying.... he is a great actor!! How he conduct himself among his family, in school, and his peers are some of those examples of him being a good actor. The most recent evidence of him being a great actor was after he found out he was under camera surveillance in his own room.

In this occasion, Light is very much aware of all the camera that are watching his every move in that cell. That's why I think a first time viewer cannot automatically assume that Light has lost his memory.

Quote:
Perhaps once you give up ownership on the Death Note, you lose the "feeling" (guilt? lust for power? etc.) that you've ever used it or knew about it. That's why his innocent self can confidently say he isn't Kira, because he really doesn't have that feeling and knowledge anymore.

Light must know his own behavior quite well in order to pull off whatever he's about to pull off. If his Death-Note-owning self can't convince L and the others of his innocence, his sans-Death-Note self probably can and will somehow (at least the others, probably not L... I hope!)
I've also thought about it this way. I'll add my own speculation in the speculation thread once I rewatched this episode. I think I'm onto something. My "spider sense" is tingling.

Btw, those of you who thought Misa was being tortured, well.... after watching this episode, it seems you were wrong.