View Single Post
Old 2007-04-13, 23:01   Link #1004
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukansa monkey View Post
I was jsut wondering about the locker business... and I have another "reference" question for someone with more cultural knowledge than I have. At 13:34, what does the still frame of the pagodas mean? Or perhaps, since it seems to represent Kagami explaining Konata's visit... why is a pagoda used there?
Ah... that one I can answer I think.... my interpretation for that cut to a Shinto Temple was that she had to appeal to the Shinto kami (gods) about Konata or that perhaps she was going to need to pray to them after the thoughts she had about Konata... or even that only the gods can figure Konata out.

Resorting to a temple in regard to Konata .. in a nutshell. The other similar cut scenes are also implicitly related to their situations though the connections are pretty absurd. They're almost a case of : "lets put this silliness in context with the big picture " kind of like those interesting noises that go with "Miu face down again" in Ichigo Masimaru - absurdity.

@Kyuusei: excellent metaphor for fansubs there.... thats one reason I cut SF so much slack as its their first time and they readily admit the tools are new to them. They need to figure out why the video quality dropped though or go back to releasing the subs with separate subtitle files. I understand that hardcoding subtitles without blasting the video quality can be tricky.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-04-13 at 23:50.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote