Thread: Licensed Samurai 7
View Single Post
Old 2004-06-15, 21:33   Link #69
Kiro
chocolate overdose

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamer_de
Sorry, but if I see animation like ep 01 @ 11:35 (the feet in the backgrounds float...) and I compare it to the opening with massive 3DCG which actually looks pretty good, I get the impression that they spend way too much on the 3D part. And the facial expressions/styles remind me a lot of that from Ragnarok, and that looks just ugly to me (although I admit that I only watched like 10mins of Ragnarok :P). Gonzo can do better than that in the 2D department (FMP, LE, KG just to name a few)

CU,
lamer_de
oh well, there was some strange animation at episode 1 at this or that time. you found a hair in the soup! good job spotting it! don't know if the german saying "ausnahmen bestätigen die regel" does exist in english. roughly translated it should mean something like "exceptions prove the rule." everything else looks really good, unless you don't like the way they draw the characters. but that doesn't have to do anything with how good or bad the animation is.

last exile was pretty neat too, allthough some of the CG's looked crappy at first but that didn't make it not worth watching it. and that's the same with many other animes out there. and compared to other shows, like naruto, where there are episodes, one wishes they would never had been aired because the animation was either nonexistent or one wouldn't recognize the protagonists, the animation of samurai 7 is just awesome. yes, we only saw two episodes yet, but that's why i said, that i'm wondering, if they can keep that level of animation up for 26 eps or not.

edit: and well, lets not forgot, we're talking about whether the animation is CRAPPY or not and NOT whether it is top notch or just good.

edit2: oh and i watched some eps of the ragnarok-series until i gave up on its crappyness. i don't see any significiant similarity between those two series. and imho the characters were not drawn ugly (except the main protagonist) but just boring.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote