Thread: Licensed Samurai 7
View Single Post
Old 2004-06-16, 08:23   Link #76
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro
oh well, there was some strange animation at episode 1 at this or that time. you found a hair in the soup! good job spotting it! don't know if the german saying "ausnahmen bestätigen die regel" does exist in english. roughly translated it should mean something like "exceptions prove the rule."
Heh Kiro, there's a Chinese proverb "吹毛求疵" (Chui1 Mao3 Qiu2 Ci4) literally "Blowing Fur/Fleece Hoping for a Bare Spot" meaning "to deliberately find fault". I heard an English proverb that comes close to this meaning is "finding the mote in your brother's eye".

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamer_de
Sorry, but if I see animation like ep 01 @ 11:35 (the feet in the backgrounds float...) and I compare it to the opening with massive 3DCG which actually looks pretty good, I get the impression that they spend way too much on the 3D part.
Sorry but if you take notice of the nature and its surrounding as well as paying attention to how things look from different angles, you will notice that in that scene,

1) it is noon-time with the sun shining at the top slightly behind their heads. The shadows in that scene and the ray of light in the big wide scene before the close up indicate this. Thus their shadows are not going to be big blotches dragging along with them.

2) You are looking from top down, above and in front of Kirara's head with the center line at Rikichi's feet. At that angle, you would not be able to see what is below Rikichi's feet or behind them. If his feet are floating, his toes would always be behind his toe shadow and never connect with it.

This reminds me of FMA's 1st episode where there are people who keep insisting that Ed's left arm was gone then suddenly return, despite the fact that it was a matter of perspective (i.e. where the camera is looking at relative to the object).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Why would robots want to steal rice? to eat?
One could also ask why in the original movie, the bandits needed to steal rice, if you want to put it that way. Don't robots have living masters too?

In the post-war times, survival is more important than the currency system humans have implemented. Food is greater in value than pieces of paper or cosmetic metal. When your homeland is devastated and food is scarce, see how much a pound of rice or wheat would cost. Be amazed that someone would dare to ask you for your $1000 silk pyjamas just to trade for his can of peaches.

The rice is in the hands of the farmers. They could potentially be the controllers of the humanity's new destiny but guess what. The weapons of destruction are in the hands of those who fought in the war that just ended. If these guys dunno how to grow food but only know about their weapons of war, guess what they are going to do to get their munchies...

The only illogical pieces I've seen so far in the series is the super duper action sequences but that is to be expected in any action film/anime these days.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote