View Single Post
Old 2009-09-11, 02:09   Link #126
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
1: Then if she gained those ability not by growing up, but by another reason, she could have been a normal wolf?
If all wolves were gods then we could assume that all wolves can. But when Lawrence talks about wolves he has not in mind god-wolves.

The reason has to be possible by a biological body function. Yet transforming body so ridiculously is not a biological body function. (because mass has to appear ex nihilo or go to nothing).

Quote:
2: normal wolves do not posses those abilities. It's a fact. But it's unprovable that normal wolves do not possess the potential to acquire those abilities.
Yes, just like it is impossible to deny that there is a possibility that tomorrow there will be no sun at all and that your house will start to fly.

Or that if you by jumping from 30 store building would die.

There is a possibility of everything in this world but these possibilities we do not consider realistically, because if you consider these possibilities natural events you would have to stop living with humans. And would deny not only the human laws (I stabbed him with a knife but there was a possbility of him melting the knife with is skin thus it is his fault for choosing not to do that and die or even better I did not kill him, it was a suicide, he stabbed 37 times himself into the back then cut his head off and then went and buried himself while I gathered utensils leaving fingerprints etc, etc) but natural laws as well.

There is a line where a things have to be considered natural and breaking a chain of natural events despite the fact that there always is a possibility of happening in a different way, is unnatural. Just because Newton's law worked 137860098710 times does not mean it will work 137860098711 th time and so on and on, but then the whole socio would be destroyed be it ours or Lawrence's (the one that we see in anime).

Quote:
3: there may be no normal wolves in OtK in the first place.
Lawrence certainly do not talk about god-wolves. That means that experience he had was with normal wolves.

If wolf turning into wolf-god would be normal then there is no way Horo transformation would be so shocking to him (and to others) because living this long nearside with humans such things would have been revealed. Now however such tings are considered just a legend despite merchants being attacked for a years by wolves.

Quote:
4: I postulate it is not as radical as an infant in his mother womb growing into a Darknemo.
Nope it is more radical than that because you change your body mass and bone structure at our will. Even if you did not have such bones or such mass before.

Lets say what would surprise you more - a pregnant man or a man turning into a rat at your sight?

Both are surprising but I would consider much more unnatural later than the first, because in the first case I still could blame medicine, but in the second case I cannot because while medicine can change our body appearance it cannot do that out of nothing. But it is obvious that body mass and some bones come out of nothing or go to noting while transforming.

Quote:
Because it's evolution and wolf into wolf-god is not? Who tells you that? Back to point 2 and 3
Loosing ones mind shows it is not natural process. Lets say Cinocard, you grow up as a child and when you turn to teen do you loose your memory and your mind changes completely (you start 'thinking' like a pig for example, walking on all fours, oinking)? Not really. If it wold happen than it would be unnatural. They would still consider you a Cinocard as the see physical succession but what if you really turn to pig physically? You would be treated as someone/something completely else than Cinocard before.

While teens mind is different from child's succession of memory and mind remains.

You can say that as a baby we do not think much, true, but functional wolf that can mate is 'thinking' much more than a human baby and posses quite a big amounts of memories, that gets complete wipe-out. Thats why I postulate it has to be unnatural.