View Single Post
Old 2009-09-11, 16:25   Link #127
Cinocard

The way you are arguing is making us go in circle. So I will try to ignore what you just posted and demonstrate a possibility among possibilities, the one that I used in my last post:
Spoiler for A possible scenario:

Now, the argument "god-wolf is not wolf" can only has some merit if: 1: Horo cannot give birth, or give birth to a god-wolf (which will grow up to be as big as Horo in a mere decade) or a human, after mating with a normal wolf; AND 2: Horo can give birth to a normal child or a god-wolf after mating with a human or a god wolf.

If you want to point to discontinuity, it has to be not from a normal wolf grow up to be a god-wolf, but from a god-wolf to become a human Horo. Perhaps if Spiderman lost his memory yet gaining 100 IQ when he's bit by the spider, you would say he were dead that moment, and the superhero that look like him were a completely different entity (though the change in outer appearance is not as ridiculous, the change in mind and physical abilities are equally ridiculous yet within a much shorter time)

Quote:
when Lawrence talks about wolves he has not in mind god-wolves...If wolf turning into wolf-god would be normal then there is no way Horo transformation would be so shocking to him (and to others) because living this long nearside with humans such things would have been revealed.
How do you expect Lawrence to have god-wolf in mind when he speaks of normal wolf? He was, like majority, completely ignorant of god-wolf in the first place. God-wolves are out there, drinking in their bars and they don't know it, how can they know How can they know how god-wolves comes to be, from the normal wolves that they attack everytime they see?

Do you notice how many time have you committed false dilemma?

Last edited by Cinocard; 2009-09-11 at 16:44.