Thread: Licensed Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-19, 12:35   Link #152
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
School Rumble is another example... yet all those type of comedies are damn popular! WHY?! I really feel like an idiot for not understanding all those major comedies 0_0
First, I would like to say, that I liked the first 3-4 seasons of Gintama. This show has loads of mediocre episodes, but then there are a few real gems in between. To look for sense in a comedy, that is purposely trying to surprise us with the unexpected is somehow pointless. If comedies were logical, they wouldnt be funny.

But I know where you are coming from though. Humor.... or better to say what people consider funny is not an universal thing. It depends a lot on cultural background, your education, your interests, etc etc and above all on your intelligence level. And before I get bashed for this comment, please allow me to explain myself. I am not saying there is anything wrong with being medium smart!!! What I am saying is, that Gintama is a type of show meant for everybody, it is nothing too high or niche and it is meant to appeal to a wide audience. In other words, gintama is a show for the averige viewer, it has its funny and weak moments and if it doesnt suit your taste, well, then you have to look elsewhere!

Otherwise.... I did notice the resemblance to Gintama.... the humor is kind of similar, yet different at the same time..... I would say fresher somehow.

I totally loved the scene in which they tricked the straight guy into putting the skirt on. I saw it coming, but laughed nevertheless. If I had to sum it up, I would say this is a lucky star x Gintama crossover.

I will continue watching it, because this is currently the only comedy on my watch list and I will allow myself to be pleasantly surprised if this show will continue being watcheable. I doubt though it will make it to my hard drive :P

Last edited by warita; 2012-01-19 at 13:30.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote