View Single Post
Old 2012-11-16, 06:54   Link #31183
Drifloon

That's really interesting. I've actually always pictured Kinzo's wife as looking like Natsuhi for some reason, even though I haven't seen that EP7 manga page you're talking about.

Regarding the theory I posted earlier, another intriguing contrast I noticed between EP1 and EP2 is the way that the ceremony is presented. In the first episode, it seems like all the victims will be brought back to life in the Golden Land, regardless of the point at which they are sacrificed; even the victims of the first twilight have TIPS messages saying things like "we'll see them again soon" and "everyone will be revived in the Golden Land" and such.

Whereas in EP2, it's repeatedly stated that only five people will get to reach the Golden Land, and the thirteen that are chosen as sacrifices will never get to go there. Not only that, but even the five who do survive end up getting eaten by goats, which is hardly a warm welcome to the Golden Land - and when Rosa actually does reach the Golden Land, she gets tortured there (if the tea party is even part of the story).

In other words: in EP1, Beatrice is performing the murders to bring about her revival, but this will also bring everyone to the Golden Land, so she isn't actually being selfish per se but doing the thing that will bring the most happiness to both herself and the humans.

But in EP2, it seems like she's just manipulating and deceiving the humans into allowing the ceremony to be performed, making false promises about bringing them to the Golden Land when she really hates all of them and just wants to bring about her own revival regardless of the cost it causes to anyone else. Her promise to Maria, to bring her to the Golden Land, doesn't seem to mean anything to her; she leaves her to be eaten by goats and then possibly even eaten again by Rosa. Likewise, even though Kinzo is the one who set up the ceremony and allowed her to be revived, she's not even slightly grateful and abandons him to be eaten by the goats too. Basically Beatrice only makes promises to humans in order to fulfil her own agenda, she doesn't care what happens to them after she's achieved her revival. I think this fits with my previous theory nicely.

Last edited by Drifloon; 2012-11-16 at 07:36.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote