View Single Post
Old 2012-11-20, 15:29   Link #31200
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
That's true, and it works fine as a way to hide that she's using a gun (although with 6 people killed at once, it'd still be natural to think that a weapon like a gun was used).

However, as for making the murders look magical, this has the opposite effect. Anyone looking at the crime scene would jump to the conclusion that those tools were used to damage the faces, and in fact, those tools probably were used. The correct, very non-magical answer is staring us in the face. If the corpses were found in literally any other location, we'd have a very bizarre mystery on our hands. Instead, we've got some strong evidence that the culprit couldn't rely on magic even to smash a few faces on already-dead corpses.
In the tales no one seems to notice it much.
I mean, if two servants were to tell me that my grandfather summoned demons that killed some of my relatives and made others fall in pitfalls that magically appeared first I would think they're joking then I would check if they took drugs.

Yet, Battler and Co swallowed this lie effortlessly.

One matter is facing something odd you can't explain (the door was closed and yet the culprit managed to get in and out) and another is being told an obvious fairly tale and accept it as true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klarth View Post
Random thought: In EP1, after the FT is discovered, Natsuhi and Eva go to talk to Kinzo, alone. Two women going alone when a supposed murderer is loose; as capable as Eva might be, it doesn't seem to be a very good idea for them to do so. I think Natsuhi actually asks to go alone at first, only to have Eva offer to follow.

Doesn't this suggest that they know they're not in danger for some reason? Or are they just not thinking? Or am I just missing something?
I think Ep 1 is similar to Ep 5. It's possible Eva is an accomplice but, as in Ep 5, she thought the deaths were being faked and that took part to this in the belief Kinzo was dead, in order to force Natsuhi to admit it (though I always have a hard time thinking they didn't realize Krauss and Co were dead...).

Natsuhi on the other time, might be under blackmail like in Ep 5.

This would make them both work for Yasu but not being accomplices with each other.

In Ep 5 too, despite being told Krauss had been kidnapped and that people had been killed Natsuhi wandered through the house on her own so I guess she can do it even in EP 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Generally speaking, the consensus seems to be four. The episodes where all are held by the adults, deaths seem to occur in other manners (such as strangulation).

It does seem plausible to assume there is another gun though. I forget if Our Confession mentions it.
Ep 8 chap 8 manga version seems to imply 5 as it shows 1 M1897, 1 M9410 and 3 M1894. There's to say I can't read Chinese and Kinzo is also holding one in his hands so they could be more (I'm not sure if the gun Kinzo was holding was included in the count or not... I think not though). The one Kinzo hold is pretty short so I think it was the gun Yasu used as it's easier to hide it.

Kinzo explains how they work (it seems the bullet contains many little balls so that when you shoot 1 bullet you're actually shooting many little balls) so there can be the solution of a trick here but without a translation I can't figure out more than what the pictures show.

However I think the manga is reliable in implying there were at least 5 guns.

Do we have a gun expert that can tell us more about the guns used?
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote