View Single Post
Old 2013-10-22, 14:47   Link #2282
cyth
Banned

Even to a high degree, yes. Management gets the blame for putting the wrong people together. They are paid appropriately to make the right decisions so people get to keep their jobs and grow their business. To me, it seems like you and people who share your argument don't understand the notion that organizations need to be ... organized. An organisation sets goals so that each and every one of its members works towards it. For that to happen, there needs to be some sort of structure in place to keep the machine going. The management at the very least has a say in which direction the works should be taken, if not, they are lousy managers.

In the end, the product is out and us viewers get to decide whether we like it or not. The thing with hardcore fans such as yourself is that you don't just watch the product, you are also interested in the production schedule, so it is easy to say "well, Ishidate fucked up." But someone like me, I just see the product. I decide whether it's worth my attention or not and post about it. Yes, real people stand behind a brand, what a revelation! But this goes for everything else in life, not just your favorite anime studio. In fact, if I look at it with this in mind, I kind of feel sorry for Ishidate, not because he's taking so much crap from us and his loyal fans throwing him under the bus to protect The Brand, but because he probably didn't have complete control over the creation of this work. If he did, he probably would have been doing independent animation. But I understand what it means to be part of an organization, not sure you guys do.