View Single Post
Old 2006-11-23, 07:33   Link #13
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
For me, the battle of Ragnarok is simply an allusion to a mighty battle, a mother of all wars (AKA the Twilight of the Gods - Ragnarok, indeed) coming up soon...possibly as a result of the Emperor's egging on his successors and subjects to fight for 'progress' and whatnot. A final showdown in which either way things would change drastically...
I agree, I think Taniguchi et al are just taking various mythological ideas (Norse, Arthurian, Celtic) and mixing them around. I mention Celtic because Geass is possibly based on the concept of geas, which is a form of taboo or curse bound by penalty in Irish mythology.

In regards to the possible technology the Emperor may have gained from C.C's people, the screenshot I posted (quick link) shows a conspicuous pink crystal and the Lancelot's experimental core has a nice pink crystal powering it. Lloyd is clearly a part of a much wider experiment of which Cornelia is privvy too, so I'm wondering if it involves the use of these crystals as a power source.

One thing that does concern me is that all these clues about Jupiter, alien races and mysterious powers may derail the taught and engrossing 'real world' political and moral conflicts already established. If this all ends up in a huge space battle with Knighmare Frames engaging in the clouds of Jupiter it may seem a bit overblown by comparison to the tense atmosphere of these early episodes...