View Single Post
Old 2009-09-24, 07:36   Link #1995
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

I've been looking for a chance to jump into this conversation for a whiile now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
There is no luck. Nothing happens at random. Everything happens because of a reason. But not always "for" a reason so don't you dare think there is fate. And in case you are wandering, yes, everything is cause and effect, where effect becomes the cause of something else later on. And yes, that requires for the universe to be eternal or at least for God to exist in order to have caused the first effect that made everything else to follow. So, every event in existense is basically a chain reaction and nothing happens at random or without a reason. People usually don't see the big picture and attribute what they don't see as luck and a mystery.
So let me ask you this. According to your belief, everything happens for a reason correct? So my not believing in a god is also for a reason. If god is really all powerful or has some sort of master plan then there is no point in me going against his will and i should remain an atheist as it was how i was raised. If for his plan i needed to believe in him it would be very simple. For me to believe in god i simply need to see a miracle that can't be explained by science. Something that brakes every rule. Since he has not done so, even when the amount of people who consider themselves religious is on a decrease, it means having a faith isn't that important to his plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossoverManiac View Post
And what?

Jump to conclusion much? Just because I didn't give a reason doesn't mean I didn't have one. I mentioned my faith as matter of fact. Not as a rebuttal against non-Catholic nor to proselytize them, not a justification of the Catholic denomination; but merely stating a fact that I am Catholic.
What Reckoner was trying to say is that this is a discussion about faith and just naming your faith doesn't really add to the conversation.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote