View Single Post
Old 2011-08-13, 07:51   Link #89
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Your capacity and to keep changing the people in government really depends on whether your viewpoint comes from the bottom, the middle or the top. It's easier to keep yourself in the political machine of the public sphere when you aren't trying to find your next meal on a daily basis. I'm sure you know that most people who can be active in this sphere are either those who have enough in their bank accounts to keep themselves protesting in the streets, or are fed on pure rage rather than food they can't afford.

I think you need to understand and consider the disillusionment of a great quantity of people who can't even deal with their own lives on a razor's edge much less deal with politics. Sometimes it's not a matter of logic but of emotion, and trust me when I say that for a lot of people, emotions are easier to fuel yourself with than logic when shit hits the fan.

Until the day you make the general populace feel like they matter to the way the country works, the time you can remove their apathy and put food in their stomachs, don't expect people to just sit down and think over the the way the government works.
See, that's why I use my birthplace as an example; a nation of 22million, 90% eligible population vote. Do you think the 90% are all rich? Do you think they vote because it is easy for them?

They vote because they want to. Because they know everyone else vote too, and when they are pissed off the government gets kicked out of office with, occasionally, angry mobs smashing their cars as they make their getaway. They can do that because they vote. Party had nothing to do with it.

You know what would happen if the 100 million non-voters of America voted? It would mean the 25% political diehards of each party would no longer run the country and America can have bipartisan politics again. If the Undecided Voters with no party affrication outnumber party supporters, then the government would be forced to run in a bipartisan way.