Thread: Licensed Toriko
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-31, 07:13   Link #176
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Wow, this thread is alive again.

Komatsu survived yet again with his luck. However, I'm still not sure how he will survive in environments that automatically kill you, like what Toriko went through when he went to Gourmet World.

Anyway, what I think this show is really lacking are great female counterparts. Without that, the show's popularity, at least in the western culture and the older population, will not be that high. At least Melk will show up next episode, which is always a plus. She seems like the best female so far in the show, as far as looks and skills. If she joins the regular cast, I'm sure that Toriko will become more popular. However, I get the feeling that the next episode seems like a filler, just from the preview.
Toriko is one of the big three names in Japan and plus it is shounen series. Even though it's lack of famale characters I like the manly side of this series more. Not the mention it has interesting setting and plot too. I never ever felt that there should be more female character. Well anime has that reporter at the end. There is also Rin too. Other than those two you can barely see female characters in the manga. So what I am saying is that I am liking this manga the way as it is now. Since it doesn't matter how it does on western counties I think the popularity of show in the Japan is enough to make it it's name well-known through western countries.