View Single Post
Old 2011-07-24, 11:12   Link #23348
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
3)Shannon or Kanon "resurrected"? Resurrection (of the personalities of) Shannon and Kanon fits Beato's EP3 narrative pretty well, suggesting that the resurrection magic at the end of EP3 wasn't just noise; particularly in this case, Kanon's relationship to Jessica would be relevant. However, EVA-Beatrice red-texts shortly after Nanjo's death that Kanon and Shannon are dead; I suppose that could be explained by a very short-lived "resurrection" that lasted only to some point in the brief period between Nanjo's death and EVA-Beatrice's red-text declaration. Actually, now that I've organized my thoughts on this, I think this is the answer that makes the most sense. The biggest problem is that it's difficult to imagine a good motive for Shannon or Kanon killing Nanjo, and then there's the fact that any and all Yasus should know that the whole place was gonna blow in a few minutes anyway.
Because of the bank account number written on the parlor door, I think it's reasonable to believe that Beatrice was aware that Eva had solved the epitaph at that point, regardless of whether she was earlier, so I think she would have turned off the bomb. Eva probably reactivated it herself on her way to Kuwadorian to destroy the evidence of the massacre.

That being the case, I think the only reasonable motive for her (or anyone else) to kill Nanjo at this point is that she believes he is the culprit, either because she actually saw him kill somebody, or because she kept an eye on the survivors and reasoned it out. Which would be a pretty sensible conclusion, actually; Nanjo's alibi for the murders after the first twilight is just as nonexistent as Eva's, and besides her he was the only person who could have relocked all the guesthouse windows after George, Natsuhi, and Krauss snuck out.

A case can probably also be made that the one who killed Nanjo was a dying Kyrie, and Beatrice just snuck Jessica away to safety in the confusion, but it's fairly difficult to imagine that Kyrie stayed conscious and mobile that long after being shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
As to who killed Nanjo, the most likely answer was always whoever Shannon/Kanon really was. I mean you could construct an alternate scenario using some of the information in that episode but Im pretty sure RK07 just wants to pin everything on Yasu.
There was an interview, I think, where Ryuukishi said that EP3 was a game in which things went completely sideways for the overall culprit. She had to have considered what to do if the epitaph was solved, so it's more likely that what went wrong was something like a second murderer.