View Single Post
Old 2012-11-13, 07:50   Link #55
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

I certainly liked the moments where the Little Busters banded together. Those moments seem to be where this series shines the most. The conclusion was fine, though simplistic- Riki really should go into some kind of therapist job- seems he's quite good at it.

That's one of the things that grated for me though- this whole "only Riki can 'save' Komari" thing. Having not read the VN, I suspect this is part and parcel of the source, that Riki and Co "solve" each girl? It's natural to want to help out your friends, but how much should that be emphasised? At least that was one of the good messages that this arc showed- finding comfort away from pain is fine, even understandable, but running away from it isn't helpful in the long run.

I don't know if that was simply because of the anime's direction (or the VA's performance), but I can only hope the other girls have more complex personalities than Komari shows. I've heard a lot of good things about Key works, so I hope Little Busters matches the hype.