View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 22:54   Link #1362
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Nah.

Even if that was in the books to originally happen I'm sure after the manga sales shot through the roof they would've changed that shit. They're probably annoyed at themselves in hindsight for animating so much of Magi in the first go round, but you can't undo what's done... a second season is going to be a long way away because of that.... they're pretty much going to have to adapt the entirety of the current arc which just got started... though I guess it's a good thing to know they can do 120 chapters in 26 episodes!
Well on that front, it definitely encouraged me to go out and read the manga. And for what it's worth, I thought the anime seemed rushed even before I read the manga, but now that I read the manga the disparity is even worse than I imagined. The adaption isn't the most terrible one I've seen, but it's disappointing. Especially when you consider the fact that now we won't see any more Magi anime for years at this rate.

I think the criticisms of the anime are perfectly valid. The anime can still be a decent watch in spite of that, and provide some fanservice for manga readers with animation of some of their favorite scenes. However, manga readers are of course going to be displeased when an inferior version of something they love is presented to other audiences. An anime adaption doesn't need to translate everything perfectly 1-1, but the rate of the adaption here is just ridiculously fast.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote