View Single Post
Old 2007-07-02, 10:13   Link #68
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
And so it comes to an end.

I must say that the last episode turned out better than i expected. The ending we arrived at was one i had been expecting for some eps, but the ride that took us there was enjoyable.

The final showdown was good, but i can't shake the feeling that they chose to ignore the respective wounds the two had received for a second, and let them dish it out at full power (Am i the only one who thought "Renji!!" after what Aono did with her sword ? ). I was fully expecting Yorito to pop out when Aono was doing her "final charge", and i wasn't let down. Seems like Aono struggled to reject the reality about Yorito till the very last second.

Matsuri... i guess that means she went in the sunrise. Makes me wonder if it was possible for her to actually survive, because there didn't seem to be at least any immediate consequences to the ritual. But i guess she was tired of living as well.

1 year later.

I am glad to see Aono didn't do a neck-slash v2.0, and her personality has taken a change to the better. Much better. Or maybe one can say she went back to how she was before. The change in her personality is big, but i guess the 1 year of time she, apparently, used to ponder upon things was used wisely. I guess the reason why it took 1 year for her to approach Koyori/Mana again was because she wondered what to do with her life. I am pleased with the choice she took - not many get a second life.

Takeshi / Mauko scene made me laugh ... can't say i disagree with Takeshi though. So... she ditched Shinku's outfit and went for Suiseiseki's clothes. I am sure the team stole the outfit ideas from Rozen Maiden Sae is as bad(?) as ever. Mana has adopted Yorito's sky-baka habits it seems, and takes them to the same extremes.

The two tin cans in the end... no, i don't believe the two are alive. I simply see no way how that could be. (Though if you are hell-bent on making this a happy end, i guess you could find the scene vague enough to support the idea of them being alive. Though i highly doubt they would be anywhere near this city in the case).

Rather, I think the two cans (along with Mana's sky obsession and Aono's memories) reaffirm the fact that Morimiya Yorito and Shihō Matsuri truly did exist and were more than mere illusions, and the memory of them has not completely faded from this existence, opposed to what Matsuri seemed to think.

A fitting end to this story, and i can say that overall the impression is definitely a positive one and the ride was very enjoyable, despite some of the flaws i will touch upon in the overall impressions thread.

You have reached Sola: True End

my feelings exactely
especially about the 2 tomato-juice cans.

Now I'll order the Sola Music CD, and wait for the DVD's to come out, and then hope for a English version of the game (or at least an English patch)

I though from the start, even a long time before Sola started that I was going to like this Anime, and I was not wrong.
Sola is a Anime I love and cant wait to see more of it. (DVD's and manga)

btw...Anyone heard anything about the Manga beeing translated to English?
(Lisence this already and get it produced and shipped to me!! )

Matsuri is still one of my favorite Anime girls, and will forever be so.
her personality and look completes her