View Single Post
Old 2008-08-21, 10:08   Link #47
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
It's pretty easy for some of us to see it as censorship when you think about how it works.
But I'm sure you don't deny it to be that anyway...
To call it censorship is a bit alarmist. You're still allowed to talk about these things and say it, it's just requested that you use spoiler tags and/or discuss such spoilers in the appropriate place. We're not debating civil liberties and "free speech zones," this is simply a matter of allowing everyone - both people who know the story and those who don't - to hold discussions as they like and with others like them, all in one place. Just as you have "no trucks in the left lane" on roads, there are similar designations for spoilers.

Quote:
Maybe I just think differently the problem, an analogy: I have a thread Plants and a thread, let's just say, Grass. I make a post talking about grass. Because I'm not a complete stranger to biology I also use terms and make speculations and affirmations based on plants, but in the end my post is still not doing anything more other then talking about grass. According to you my post should go in Plants.
Thankfully the use of biology terminology does not hinder others' enjoyment of grass. Stories (anime/manga) are a different issue.

Quote:
I can't help but read it as "for the good of anime-only watchers" rather then "for the good of everyone".
Technically this also protects manga readers who aren't as far along as others. I don't think there's a discrimination factor.