View Single Post
Old 2010-10-28, 08:02   Link #86
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Unfortunately, my expectations for this game are quite low. There are two key things that would change them.

First of all, we already know the beginning and end of Rising, so its kinda a kill joy in terms of story. For those of you who can't piece anything together, the game is about finding and rescuing Sunny. What part I would have much rather done is Raiden's past. It would have been a much more interesting game if you were to fight as a child soldier, as you would have to rework every strategy to accommodate your smaller and weaker body. If its in flashbacks, it'd be good, but still unlikely.

Secondly, start out as post MGS2 Raiden, just as a drunk. As his body gets more and more fucked up over the course of the story (as he didn't care what happened to himself, so it's still in character), he recieves the cybernetic upgrades, and eventually runs into Drago Petrovich Madnar. That is more likely, but still not so much.

Other than those two critical points, I have no major qualms about the game.
Totally agree with what you say, especially the post MGS2 Raiden bit. In fact I'd much prefer this game to be set in post MGS4. Since by the end Liquid said that
Spoiler for ending of the game:

Unfortunately it seems like this game is really more of a show off of the technology/gameplay instead of the events/story of the game like MGS is usually about. I'd say that Kojima/Konami is probably giving this team a chance to prove themselves first wit this game before TRULY handing the torch over to them and let them make a game post MGS4. Kojima keeps saying he'll pass the torch on but he never fucking does, he's one of the biggest liars in gaming history (even though he's a great game designer and a very humble man).

MGS would be the last! Then he made MGS2. MGS2 would be the last! Then he made MGS3 a prequel. MGS3 would be the last! Then he absolutely promised that MGS4 would be his last MGS and he would move on to other projects and let other people take over the MGS franchise....then here comes Peacewalker not too long later. Which was codenamed MGS5. -_-

I'm seriously expecting Solid Snake to come back at any moment now.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote