View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 09:25   Link #28338
GuestSpeaker

Quote:
Not necessary as this part refers to something different than the previous.
I refer specifically to people who state Ryu was saying she imagined (planned) the whole incident, then claiming she was otherwise ready to carry out a separate incident (e.g. her suicide). I am simply saying they can't have it both ways, unless they are saying the two times Ryu uses "incident" he means different things.

Quote:
killing so many people can be easily imagined but it'll be really hard to carry on both piratically and emotionally
This is only true if you ignore the theory that she may have created a part of herself that was capable of doing this, playing the role of the killer as it were. It would tie in well with Maria's witch personality going sour (therefore sending the Beato personality of Yasu off the edge of evil). We may have to think of Yasu as someone who doesn't believe they can fight off their Beato persona, setting to the default unless someone stops it otherwise. Leaving it to someone else to save them. I can pretty easily imagine Yasu resigning herself to this terrible fate unless someone comes to save her (as I agree, she was crying out for someone to come save her).

Quote:
But there's more. Even if we assume Yasu wanted to be stopped in Prime and that's why she orchestrated the games maybe all she wanted Battler to stop was her marriage with George
Ah poor Kannon, no-one thinks his love has a chance do they?

Quote:
And she handed it afterward
But she didn't, she handed it out BEFORE the game but AFTER anyone would know she had done it, this does not seem very useful to anyone.

Quote:
Of all the siblings only Krauss said he knew how to convert it in money (and he might have lied) and likely he couldn't convert it all in just a blink.

It's possible Genji too knew how to convert it in money, though it's also possible that the money he handed to Yasu was merely Kinzo's property and didn't come out of the gold.
Well it seems someone was able to convert it onto the card, or the very least the money sent in the envelopes. After all, Krauss controlled Kinzo's money (the none-gold money), so Yasu must have got the payment from somewhere.

Quote:
ow, Yasu might have not hold her part of the bargain and not sent out the money... but she decided to do so anyway.
Hmm, that sounds shaky. I'd have been happier had you said that she always keeps her promises, so sends out the money because she said she would. However, this still wouldn't have been much piece of mind to the adults.

Quote:
Yes, that's why the motive for the people cooperating with Yasu also seems weak on the gameboard.
Which is why in confessions she has them cooperate just long enough to kill them easily. When looked at like that, it isn't hard to see why she needed to off Hideyoshi and Eva so soon in Ep 1, they had been part to a very risky move right off the bat.

Quote:
Like Genji she might have known how to reach the gold.
Well then why attempt the epitaph at all? She knew about the secret mansion and B2 long before it existed, so she mustn't have known the answer. Maybe she just solved it after Genji spoonfed Yasu some sweet sweet answer. And in a complete troll moment, wasn't her meta-witch the original Beatrice anyway (I don't really believe that, but it is interesting to think on)?

Quote:
Natsuhi who's paying them and that suddently found herself hiring someone she didn't hire?
I believe it was stated that he was hired directly by Kinzo (ie through Genji) as were any servants who wore the one-winged eagle. This is why Natsuhi didn't trust him anyway, and why she had a special trust of Ghoda. That explains why he became trusted so quickly. And we know the Nanjo and Kumi likely knew the truth. As for the other servants, there are probably many explanations that could be used, but basically, after three years he would be in the clear (as everyone moves on) and it is stated there aren't usually so many servants on the island anyway (more for the family conference), so he probably could have just worked on days when only select people were around anyway. Or Ryu never thought that part through.

Quote:
Ange actually had two hopes:
Neither of those hopes deny my theory though, as you could still say that her hope was to find these answers at least.

Quote:
Would an accident like that make her kill herself either? I feel it has to somehow destroy some idea she has been holding onto to keep her alive.
That referred to Ange killing herself due to the mystery game having caused a massacre, as in the paranoia theory.

Quote:
She's very active and not at all passive in the games.
I guess that works with her creating this active persona of Beatrice, but this all comes back to how we interpret Ryu's words and Ange's reaction again.

Quote:
For a fake murder there are really tons of tricks she could use...
Only if she wanted to make the Ushiromiya's suspect someone on the island of murder. Also, if she is as passive as you believe, why would she run away and abandon everything when nothing had changed otherwise? Running away and killing oneself are still actions she would have to take.

And some general thoughts:

1. Wasn't the whole mirror smashing (which happened arguably in all games) meant to represent Shannon giving into Baetrice's taunts about staying passive leading to everything staying the same forever? This could be seen as her finally taking action....
2. There is the possibility she has shown resolve to hurt someone before. It is possible that the servant who disrespected Beatrice before falling down the stairs may have actually been a true story, and after all, we know Genji is good at quietly cleaning up the mess of his master....(we also suspect that Yasu apparently liked to make others believe in Beatrice, and post-mirror smash and post-Maria snapping, who know what she became capable of)
3. People always bring up that we know almost nothing about R-Prime, but Ryu himself stated he gave out enough clues to know what happened with pretty much absolute certainty. If this causes people to complain that the only clues we have pertain to events that happened in the games, then that must be where the clues to what happened on R-Prime lie. After all, Battler does know the truth, he just doesn't remember it all at once.
4. The problem with basing culprit theories solely off Ange's reaction, is that her family being the culprit isn't the only thing she could have read in that book she thought was terrible. A big theme in the games was the children's disgust over how their parents were acting over the money, maybe she read something about how her supposedly sinless parents let their greed take over all other morals, and got themselves and others killed in an otherwise avoidable manner. I have thrown around a few other theories about what she may have read in there, all I am saying is, YES we know she thought it was terrible, but what clues do we have about what the terrible thing actually was otherwise?

The only problem here is a lot of Ryu's clues are more apparent once you know the answer, and the only way to distinguish them from the red herrings before that point is to look for one answer that ties everything together neatly (which he likes) and cross your fingers.
GuestSpeaker is offline   Reply With Quote