View Single Post
Old 2012-08-28, 16:37   Link #379
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
This is where I think Kirito is making assumptions that could cost people's lives.

Enough time has passed that even by darts-at-board kind of calculations would indicate that most people would get tired. What was Kayaba's real intention when making this game, that it would be cleared or that the players would settle down and enjoy life?

Which makes the new randomness make sense, as it won't be just a grind but real risk of life.

The game is no longer "fair".
As I said, "fair" is only about making in a challenging MMORPG. It isn't about making it possible for nobody to die, it certainly isn't about giving everyone god-mode.

To keep the game challenging, it makes sense that every floor is harder than the last. To keep it interesting, it makes sense that the difficulty is about more than stats-grinding.

Yes, there are traps like the one that killed the Black Cats. It's possible than in higher floors, such traps will claim even the lives of experienced, elite players. It doesn't make the game unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't recall the specifics, but I might go back and watch it again, but wasn't it along the lines of "Creating a whole new world where people can live to their heart's content."? Therefore, what happens AFTER creating such a world is of no concern to Kayaba at all.
Well, I think he's still interested in seeing what happens. But I agree he may not have a "preferred outcome", or any kind of post-SAO plan.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote