View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 13:24   Link #705
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaybox View Post
Hello everyone

I am new here but was looking for forums about this SAO after I watched last episode: really wanted to read other people's opinion about it and maybe have question answered.

Just to let you know where i'm coming from here: I am a big fan of animes but also a mmorpg addict (played various ones for pretty much a decade now ).I guess the theme of the serie really appealed to me, probably because of that.

I have to admit that although I really enjoyed various themes presents in the show, My preference definitely was for 'fight' scenes. (in most mmorpgs I played I wasn't exactly the 'RP player' or the 'Minigames / Auction-House player', put Simply I enjoy particularly PvE, PvP and combat/magic use etc).

Now I have to say that the first Arc of this serie was really enjoyable to watch for me: epic fights, duels, raids on bosses and countless scenes I really liked.
With this regard, the second Arc slightly disapointed me, with the exceptions of 3 episodes (the fight against Salamanders when Kirito turns into a beast / the fight with the Salamander's general / fight with the World's Tree guardians). I know there are a few other episodes with combat but to be honest nothing from them really comes back to mind except that it was disapointing.

I have to say that this really surprised me though, because I saw so much potential in ALO from that perspective: the different types of magic, awesome spells like beast transformation, illusions, mana shields, phase-shift blades...

Now I just started reading the LN and I wanted to ask someone who did finish it already: can I expect some good scenes of my liking ? ( both in the LN and in the anime if they do continue it for another season)

Make sure to make a 'SPOILER ALLERT' thingy to hide the answers (I am one of those who's fun is really not diminished if I know the ending/whats coming but I know lots of people are not like that ^^)
Spoiler for my opinion:
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote