View Single Post
Old 2012-05-04, 23:09   Link #987
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

So I got around to watching episode 2, and boy, does that theory about Eru's eye being magical just get more fuel

I don't think she might be as aware of it as I speculated earlier (she's using her eyes to make people fall under her command) but it's clear that it's has more to do with her flipping over to her curious mode on the moment she sees something that catches her fancy. In any case, it does appear that it has less to do with the eyes themselves and more with the aura she emits whenever she starts wanting to learn more about something i.e when Houtarou was trying to escape knowing he was about to get dragged into something he doesn't want to do in the library and she literally brightens up like a lamp In any case, Eru is certainly one girl you just can't say no to ...

Which moves me to my next point. Eru is really annoying isn't she? I mean I didn't notice back in episode one due to DEM EYES and Houtarou's wild imagination making me forget about how she on their first meeting broke through all his personal space and just kept on touching him and garbing him (that one scene in episode one where he wanted to go home and she stopped him by forcibly holding his bag was hilarious to watch ) but this episode Eru was just on full drive Do-what-I-tell-you-to-do-what-do-you-mean-you-want-to-be-alone-what-is-this-personal-space-you-talk-about mode, to the point where I thought Houtarou's imaginary scene of the week was actually more accurate, if as outlandish as last week's imaginary world, was actually more accurate. Eru was literally beating him into taking a choice, and then forcing his hand into the choice she wanted him to make, not the one he wanted. Going by that, his outburst at the end made perfect sense, since he had already tolerated her behavior at school, and than decided to meet her only for her to be late and then beat around the bush even more ... everyone has their limit, and Eru hit Houtarou's.

That said, I could till it's not really intentional, and there is the positive of getting Houtarou out of his shell. Eru needs to tone down a bit though, since shoving a book into someones face and dragging them around and graping their hand without their permission is honestly poor manners and is going to get people upset with you.

On other things, I didn't think the mystery was anything interesting, however the scene transitions were interesting to watch and creative, as usual. So no changes so far in Animation>Story front for myself.

The cliffhanger seems really obvious to me, going by Eru's reaction to Satoshi's implication last episode about her and Houtarou talking alone in a classroom and going by Houtarou's Airhead comment, she doesn't seem to be the type that usually misunderstands these things. So when Houtarou said that she wanted to confess to him, she might have taken it that he had figured out what her ''personal circumstances'' were and just wanted her to come clean with him. Or that's what she'll think, but not what he'll think
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If things progress, he might be forced to do more than just waste energy with Eru. Can't imagine his reaction to having to part with precious bodily fluids.....
I always thought that it was the women who initiates the exchange? Unless men started letting women eat their spit too.

Unless we are talking about something else ... like going on blood donation drives or something.