View Single Post
Old 2009-08-16, 14:15   Link #73
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Wow.

I usually don't come here so i didn't knew too much about the popularity of this adaptation, I'm kinda surprised to see see is flames and rage all around.
"Epic fail" ? "Wish the writers would get fired" ? WTH ? Am I trapped in some Code Geass thread or something ?

Anyway, I'm having a blast with this series and I absolutely loved this episode.
I never quite understood the Selveria hype before, but this episode sure corrected that matter.
I totally didn't saw the outcome, thinking rather that Faldio would get it or something, and was thus kinda "pleased" (Brr).

(I may as well precise that I do not own a PS3 and thus didn't played the original game. But it's not like I ****ing care, since the series on its own is totally worth it for ignorant little me)
When the job is to adapt the anime according from existing material such as a very evry popular game, there's no right for the writer in taking liberties to change the whole spirit of what made the game look great. All we say is that Michiko Yokote (the screenwriter) displayed a huge number of poor pieces of judgement in how to develop the whole storyline.

That's even more disappointing when I think of the good things Yokote did as a writer for a number of series and now dares taking lots of liberties without having the original screenwriter around to tell him what to do. When I made the FFVII comparison a few weeks ago, I said the studios should have done everything in their power to hire the original game's scripwriter in order to keep the essence of Valkyria Chronicles to make it greatly satisfying for everybody. In other words, never you should change a winning combination even if you know things will have to be changed from the original work.

In my words, I felt the Faldio situation has been a little overdone (although understandable) and Yokote missed his last opportunity completely to make a link with the game: what is supposed to be Isara's dream has to be the thing which...

Spoiler:

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2009-08-16 at 14:28. Reason: re-formulating & adding things