View Single Post
Old 2011-03-23, 07:31   Link #1963
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
April huh. Well look at the bright side guys... at least it's not like Bakemonogatari long. :P

With a month worth of delay at least I don't think it can possibly end up like Nadeko Snake.
I prefer to hope for less than a month. "Last episode in April" STILL falls into the schedule of episode 12 airing on April 7/8 as many calculated. In theory, the possibility of Madoka resuming next week is not ruled out yet - maybe Shaft has just issued an official pause until then just to stop false rumours and hopes from spreading? Since even the writer of the show was confused by the announcements regarding Nico Nico etc...
My mood is grim right now, but as the Russian saying goes, "Hope is always the last to die".

Quote:
^ Problem is, we all know how Urobuchi and all the staffs forced us to anticipate even more with all those magazine interviews and god damn tweets... ;_;
Just like Kyoko was trying to keep Sayaka's body warm, they try to keep the hype up. Of course, Madoka is being anticipated desperately enough, but in general such a hiatus does not mean anything good for a show, so their concern is understandable.
Can't but roll my eyes at Bakemonogatari parallels... The Aniplex/Shaft unions are bound to walk the path of trials, it seems.

Quote:
I'd rather wait for a month than to get another Nadeko snake. Fans have been hailing Madoka as a "legendary" anime. IMHO it's better to delay than to air a slideshow and stain Madoka's TV run.
Bakemonogatari's "TV stain" gave life to lots of smirks, irony and memes concerning Shaft - but as Shinbo once stated, they've never had any illusions of being loved universally anyway. This stain didn't seem to torpedo the overall hype around Bakemonogatari, and it still became a king size hit. Of course, the staff themselves won't bet on it - considering that episode 11 will most likely feature the WN battle or at least its beginning, you can hardly get by with a slideshow (unlike in the series that puts emphasis on dialogues anyway).
So, if the episode is seriously below completion atm, I only wish them good luck. If the case is all about "improving", however, then I'd rather have a handful of graphic bugs since they come with the long-waited continuation of the story and more music from Yuki Kajiura. They tend to fix these bugs later anyway, and frankly speaking - the list of comparisons I saw concerning episode 10 fixes... I can't really say that any of those fixes was vital for enjoying the story (except the Kyuubey glitch in timeline 2, but personally I didn't even NOTICE him there, lol ). If I want great animation from scratch, I'll address Ghibly or Ufotable - Shaft's diverse visual style has never seemed to be all about animation alone, IMHO.

The problem is, of the two scenarios I've listed, the first one is more likely. We're not talking mere schedules failure this time, we're talking post-earthquake period. All these animators and other staffers are most probably having other problems on their hands, besides work. It's great enough that we're not getting any "posthumous" quadrangle frames in the credits of remaining episodes.

Last edited by Snork; 2011-03-23 at 07:50.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote