Old 2007-04-27, 16:01   Link #74
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Level E, I love your avatar. It's just too perfect. XDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
NOTE:
I've taken a look at Eien no Anime's releases.... people who are somewhat unhappy with some of a.f.k.'s choices in translation or grimacing at some of LC's efforts might consider looking at EnA. They sort of occupy a middle ground -- definitely some errors but for 'no apparent reason' those didn't distract me so much. They actually spelled Negi-Tanshio properly and switched back and forth between the japanese names for food and their rough english meaning (providing for both types of audience) ....
They were a bit less colorful in translating some of the slang-ish talk but I spotted almost no grammar/syntax issues.

Their font and color choices for subtitling also scored a "win" from the Queen-of-picky about such things in my home.

So over-all Eien no Anime scored pretty highly in my book, I guess.
Hmm. I've downloaded both EnA and WiND's versions of Lucky*Star but I haven't actually watched them yet, and since you say EnA's version is good, I need to definitely check it out. It'd at least be a nice break from what I've been doing the past two nights and wee hours of the morning - trying to get a black bar underneath the raws in which to place subtitles (it's a brill idea IMO, but the person who suggested that has no idea how much sanity I've lost over it... ah well, it should be worth it if it works though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
You're the first gaijin I've met that actually enjoys natto. I can tolerate it, but I wouldn't ask for it
Actually, natto isn't that bad IMO. Sure it looks like a mass of sticky boogers clinging to the bowl and your chopsticks, and it stinks like you can't even describe, but the taste of it is almost, well.. good. (Of course, I had mine wrapped up in rice and seaweed; maybe that makes a difference.) XD