Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-08, 21:40   Link #225
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
If real then holy ****, anime of the year hahaha; at least the bold part is highly believable.
I was already plenty interested with this anime from the start, and with each new info, my interest kept on building up to the point where I grew really optimistic about this show a long time ago.

Now though ... well, this is certainly hype worthy news, and very exciting to see them bringing into the project some pretty famous writers to handle it.

Though, while I'm happy with Narita-san, Nasu-san is just ... well, I would be more than happy if it turns out to be true and even though I have my issues with some elements of his stories, I do think he's a pretty good overall and at times can write some great and compelling situations and plots, but I'm honestly expecting a good part of his contribution here will be a lot of confusing paradoxical philosophy and the occasional mumbo-jumbo that no one ever gets.

Still, it would be pretty amazing if he was indeed a scriptwriter here. Does it say who is the chief writer for the project though?

Of course, this is if the leak turns out to be true. It sounds pretty convincing going by what we learned about the anime and how much it gives of a high concept work, but there is always the chance this might turn out to be a really well thought out hoax. I personally hope it isn't though, since this is pretty much a dream team here.

That said it's still pretty impressive just how much is being added into this show. Great designs and animation, and now pretty well known writers now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
It's a little hard to believe that Nasu would contribute to something that doesn'thave the Type-Moon label slapped on it. I'm sure this has hype already for many reasons, but simply having type-moon on it is a huge hype factor of its own i'm sure they'd love for marketing. Why would they keep something like that hidden?
Well, if the leak is true, it's not actually getting a Type-Moon label on it, but just happens to have the main writer of Type-Moon being a script writer on the staff.

It's not an exact comparison, but this seems a whole lot like how it was with Blue Literature, with how they had compiled a lot of prolific writers and creators to work on adapting classic novels. It's sort of the same here, with it being ''Writer Nasu Kinoko, of Type-Moon fame, and Narita Ryougo of Durarara ...'' so that's why they aren't really focusing much on the whole Type-Moon connection, because outside of Nasu being the chief writer, this isn't actually connected to Type-Moon at all, like how it isn't connected to DRRRRRR outside of having the same writer. If that makes sense.

As for it being a little hard to think that he might work on something not Type-Moon related ... thinking back, when he was asked about his future work load and what he said ... Nasu did specify that was the planned Type-Moon overall work load, not his own ...

That bastard ...