View Single Post
Old 2009-04-08, 13:29   Link #23
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

I really, (And I'm not trying a "Look smart" thing) did suspect that Iva may have had something to do with Dragon, and it lingered up to last week, but I dismissed it as over-enthusiasm. There really wasn't any evidence to link them anyway. But now now that it's confirmed, it is also slightly...drab in a way.

I don't mean to ruin everyone's Dragonic high, but the loosely linked, randomness of the Impel Down Arc so far has been dissettling a little.

It's logically a mess. I wish it would just make sense, you know? This whole concept of Okamas hiding in a tunneled out paradise within Impel Down is irritatingly stupid.

Couldn't Oda do it a little more seriously? Like: seeing as the head of the underground league of semi-escapees is headed by an officer of Dragon, who is, I remind you, the Revolutionary, he could have been organizing a coup d'etat, and laying low. Like a small, highly efficient band of militants, who would stealthily spirit away useful prisoner to recruit them to their cause.

Doesn't that sound more logically appealing than transvestites cramped in a dug-out, drinking and smoking and basking in decadent opulence? I mean...wow...

I mean: some things just simply are logical, and some things are simply not.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.