View Single Post
Old 2011-10-03, 10:46   Link #262
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
If I hadn't read the VN, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the first episode. Having read it and knowing the characters well enough made the first episode very entertaining for me.

I'm not sure how someone going into this with no idea who the characters are or their relationships would handle it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
They'll probably be confused trying to figure out the relationship between all the characters. I suppose this anime adaptation (or maybe it's just the first episode) is specifically targeted at the VN readers. Or maybe they will explain more in the 2nd episode while clearly showing in this episode that this anime is mostly centered around fighting.
To be brief and frank as one of the people who knew next to nothing about the source material... I kind of... uh, "derped out" and cut my watch for the first episode very short. Not very interested to see the battle going on, so I just jumped straight to the ED scenes.

I just hope Ep2 will improve my first impressions.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote