View Single Post
Old 2012-10-18, 10:24   Link #1642
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
^^ The anti-Madoka faction last year ended with a whimper (Erica's princess climb to the semis ended with a slaughter). Though of course, realistically speaking, the last real resistance character in 2011 is Ika-Musume who really put quite a showdown against Mami.
True. I forgot about Erica's lopsided loss. But many of them still fought well. Ika Musume is a good example as you mentioned - she fought tooth, nail and tentacle against Mami. Getting 612 legal votes in recent, overzealous IP ban conditions is no easy feat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
IIRC the anti-gaijin thing started in 2007 when Rika beat Nagi in the final and it turned out on analysis that the majority of Japanese voters had voted for Nagi.
Yes, but I thought a reasonable amount of people with non-Japanese IPs were still able to vote in Saimoe 2008, with me being one of them for my first Saimoe voting experience (no idea for 2009 since I inadvertently skipped that one due to Touhou addiction that year). And so I mentioned my belief that the bans were less strict before 2010.

Last edited by Coldlight; 2012-10-18 at 10:45.