View Single Post
Old 2011-07-28, 19:07   Link #78
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
But my honest opinion is that a final arc centered around Satsuki and Enishi would be an anti-climax of the highest order. If Ohana and her personal situation isn't at the center of things one way or the other, the show will have been a waste of time.
I'm thinking the central theme of the final arc is going to be Ohana's relationship with her mother. For the moment Satsuki seems content to leave Ohana in her grandmother's care - I can't see that lasting. At which point I imagine the succession is going to suddenly become very, very important, with Ohana trying to get Satsuki and Sui to reconcile.

So my prediction on the final arc events:
-Satsuki will want Ohana back, forcing Ohana to choose between Tokyo and the inn. Of course, she'll pick the inn after some debate.
-At this point, Ohana launches her mission to get Satsuki and Sui to reconcile. To be honest, I would not be surprised if she fails, but manages to convince her mother to let her stay at the inn.

Another possibility is that Ohana's decision (Tokyo or the Inn) will be the main question of the final arc in itself, with the succession issue either left unresolved or left for a second season.

Other predictions:
-The conclusion of Enishi's story will be driven by his love of filmmaking. Regardless of who ends up running the inn, I can see him ending up doing a film to promote the area (which given the effect Hana-saku Iroha has had on the town it is based on, would be kind of meta...).
-Ohana and Kou agree to a long distance relationship, but realize that it will be difficult and may not work out.
-On the same note, I'm also thinking that episode 19 will resolve Ohana/Tohru/Minko in Minko's favour. I just don't see enough Ohana/Tohru chemistry to think otherwise.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.