View Single Post
Old 2013-02-06, 20:14   Link #479
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Overpowered characters are not only in terms of strength but also brain. I mean Light Yagami and Lelouch from Death Note and Code Geass, respectively, are all the time playing with the others using certain plans.

A cliche that bothers me is the overuse of love triangles and chick magnets. I think it's just a cheap way to make drama and introduce supporting characters. Almost as if the friendship between a male and a female is impossible in fiction. In Martian Successor Nadesico this cliche is overused to the point that the male supporting characters and even the announcer can't believe why is the protagonist such a chick magnet. About 10 girls fall for him in 24 episodes! The girl who he ended had almost no chemistry alongside the series and they never bothered to focus on the main character's feelings or how to develop the actual couple. The only thing that they say is that they were childhood friends so it is okay for them to end together. The show might be a mecha anime but it focuses a lot in the characters' romantical interests. Oops, sorry for making it this long.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote