Thread: Battlefield 3
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-24, 15:53   Link #723
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Interesting, though I would think that making trailers exclusive content would be counterproductive, given that their purpose is to build interest. What they mean, I suspect, is that the content advertised can only be found (at least for now) in the Permuim packages.
Some of the features alluded to in the 2nd trailer are Premium-exclusive, such as the camo and dog tag assignments, but AFAIK...weapons, vehicles and other equipment are available to all who have bought the Aftermath DLC. No, it's a Premium-exclusive sneak peek, meant to make the Premium guys feel special, I'm afraid. Yeah, Premium guys don't get much over the regular players, aside from the fact that by buying the Premium pack, they
  • get all DLCs at a discount price, cheaper than if they were to buy them separately
  • have a two-week headstart for each DLC
  • get exclusive camos and dog tags (useless unless you like you want to make your opponent gape in jealousy while watching the killcam)
  • can enjoy server queue fasttracking
And that's ALL. No new weapon (save the ACB-90, which is just a new skin for the combat knife - the stats are unchanged), no new vehicle, NOTHING.
So...they try to make us feel better by offering us double XP periods, lithograph gift competitions, etc. And the sneak peeks.

Quote:
I've got to ask, though - can you recover crossbow bolts (with the obvious exceptions)?
It is possible; I was actually thinking about it when typing my previous post: the second trailer above said that ammo was limited - which means that either:
  • Ammo pack loadout is disabled in the Scavenger mode.
  • You can only collect more ammo by standing over dead bodies.
  • You can only get more ammo by collecting weapons that are still lying around.

Quote:
Bonus points if the pickups are randomized each round ala Halo 4 (this way, you can't count on the M60 always spawning in the same spot every time).
They probably are randomized, unlike vehicles, which usually spawn at very specific points. This should ensure that all teams are balanced. I do hope, however, that the spawning system is better thought-out than in Close Quarters - I can't imagine the number of times I got gunned down by spawnkillers and baserapists looking for easy points.

Quote:
As I believe I've said before in this thread, it's a shame that gun doesn't get more game time... and as far as I know, EA never implemented its 'Bear Trap' accessory (a reusable kit that makes one of the Jackhammer's magazines into a boobytrap, firing all ten rounds simultaneously when triggered).
I'm afraid there's already the M18 Claymore for that - DICE might not care for redundant weapons or features that make them too overpowered. Anyway, the Jackhammer never got into full production (there were only two prototypes IIRC), so aside from gun enthusiasts, few people know about the bear trap functionality and thus fewer would care about its implementation in the game.