Thread: Battlefield 3
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-04, 12:22   Link #728
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, Aftermath went online today (gotta love EA and DICE - yesterday I had to DL a >3.8Gb patch and today a 3.9Gb DLC) for us PC and Xbox players and yikes! It's really a different, challenging kind of fun.

I just finished a couple of Scavenger matches and I must say this game type ain't a walk in the park. Your starting/respawn loadout is reduced to a pistol, a couple grenades and a combat knife. Your mission: conquer all flags on the map (like Conquest/Conquest Domination), all the while capturing random weapons scattered about. Each time you claim a new rifle/shotgun/machine gun/SMG/PDW, you only have two reloads and then you'll have to go hunt for a new primary weapon because you're once again bone dry (no ammo packs available in the player loadout). And try not to get killed while foraging (I didn't have to opportunity to verify this, but I have the impression that the weapon drop points expire after a certain time, meaning you need to keep moving and conquer as much territory as possible).

It's kinda scary when all you've got is a sidearm and the enemy in front of you is equipped with an MG or a shotgun. >_<

For now, my favorite map is Talah market but that might change, as I haven't come across Markaz Monolith yet. Gotta love the increased verticality - in Talah, once you get on the house rooftops, you can effectively turn a bunch of alleys into slaughterhouses.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-12-04 at 19:49. Reason: Grammar/syntax
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote