View Single Post
Old 2010-06-15, 20:03   Link #11086
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Seriously though, with the way the story is structured, it's very hard to say which is a hint and which is a deliberate lie, and the amount of information to process is monstrous. Current English translation itself is twice the length of War and Peace. If you look hard enough, you can find hints to support almost any kind of theory, including the deliberately silly Orbital Particle Beam Shot.

I'm afraid it's not hints we should be looking for.
Or the equally deliberately silly Marisa Culprit Theory.

In any case, this just goes to show how Ryuukishi's tendancy to get really long-winded while writing creates an abundance of hints as well as a ridiculously long story. Twice the length of War and Piece? Wow. That kinda makes me proud for reading all through Umineko. Maybe I'll marathon the entire series once I've got all the English patches.
On a side note, an at max fifty-episode anime series doesn't quite seem to give Umineko much credit to me, now that I have a idea of long it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall
Whether a safe haven is needed or not, we're told Kuwadorian was safe and that Eva was found there by the police. I don't see any reason for the people who said that to lie, and it would be a perfectly plausible place to find someone as it would be the only remaining "safe" structure and it has a port, so the police would (on Kawabata's information) probably set there first to conduct their search.
And I completely agree with that. I was just having some fun debating it's existence. But on a serious note, I do sort of doubt it's habitability, considering it's likely Kinzo would've abandoned it after Beato the Second's death. Then again, it's equally likely that Kinzo, being obsessed with her, would've kept in tidy shape, for when his beloved returned.
I wouldn't put it past Kinzo.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote