View Single Post
Old 2012-07-13, 16:02   Link #131
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I'm a fan of harem series. I love To-Love-Ru so the standard "clumsy MC falls on top of girl in awkward position" thing isn't a big deal and usually gets a laugh out of me...but some things this episode felt out of place an unnecessary.

I'm talking mainly about the scene where Shougo falls on top of Rinka. It felt forced and unnecessary. The whole scene was going so well with him showing his great dancing skills and dazzling the girls and it was pretty much ruined by an out of place "Boob-grab trip gag".
Another one that bothered me was Miyabi's dress top getting lose and exposing her breasts to him. Again it felt unnecessary and out of place. Even if this is an Ecchi series it doesn't have to have an ecchi in every scene. Sometimes showing the MC acting cool from start to finish does wonders for a series.

To-Love-Ru does it well because it not only doesn't take itseçf serious from the very beginning but it is already an established gag where Rito will fall in a awkward position every time he interacts with a girl. It's such a normal thing that it no longer feels out of place (still often unnecessary, but it is the running gag of the series) and I don't want this one to take the same path.
At least "Mister X" didn't slap him after he saw her naked when she got out of the shower. Heck, it looked like she didn't really care, given that she was in no hurry to get dressed afterwards (someone get me a smokin' hot girl like that).

Overall, a slightly more enjoyable episode. I get the impression that they're trying hard to pin Miyabi as the MC's sister, but until I see more of the other girls, it's probably too early to tell. Either that, or it's what they want me to believe.