View Single Post
Old 2009-03-06, 20:40   Link #82
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Quote:
i would love to see legal digitized media from japan, i'm not sure how well crunchyroll works, its plus or minus points, but i think its a step in the right direction. hopefully something similiar will be set up in place in the future - i do believe that the licensing industry will fail though..
I believe it is inevitably coming, and this plays a big role in my ideas for the company I want to start. It's absolutely ridiculous not to take advantage of digitized media. It's low in cost for both production of the product and distribution. (It just needs to be proven cost effectively profitable before companies embrace it) Who wouldn't want to provide more products for the audience to purchase? Who wouldn't want more avenues to show your product to the audience in addition to TV? Who wouldn't want to eliminate the need behind fansubs? There are many reasons to embrace digitized media for anime, the companies just need to learn how to do it right.

Having said all that, I do not want to see DVDs disappear. I'm a hard product fan myself and would rather have that over the digital file. However, companies need to learn how to get their products to their fans in the various ways that they want it. And then effectively monetize each one.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote