Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-11, 13:04   Link #1792
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Actually, I wouldn't be suprised if the Chinese help... Just not the side everyone would expect them to. It's highly unlikely, but I could see them sweeping in from the North and taking Pyongyang while the bulk of the North Korean Army is being torn apart at the border with the South. This would give them a stronger position in any subsequent settlement and some PR points in their relations with the South. This could help keep the North a seperate nation to act as a buffer zone between the US troops in Korea and the Chinese border. Of course that would be highly risky, with a huge potential to start a wider conflict if they don't announce their plans to the US and South Koreans who would naturally assume that it was China reinforcing the North, and it could give China a bad reputation for betraying an ally.

Once again, highly unlikely, but not completely impossible.
the main problem i see with this sceniro is that China would have to help pay into the North Korea rebuilding pot and that will be a huge pot needing hundreds of billions of dollars. By staying out and closing the border they can avoid having to pay any money in regard to NK.