View Single Post
Old 2009-07-15, 14:36   Link #465
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It has been... well huh... almost a year without any update, isn't it?

So many stuff happened, and thus so little time heh...

ah well, yesterday, I managed to get back on tracks, though it was horrifying to see how I'm so rusty in many things. Still, decided to fulfill a request that was... asked back in may
After few procrastrination issue and inspiration freeze, managed to pull something thanks to desy few suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chant
Character Name: Miku Hatsune
Signature picture: -Link-
Size: As long as it's AS-safe, It doesn't matter.
Text: "Miku Hatsune", but it's optional.
Now that is really some style I didn't dig for a while...

For starters, I wanted to do this...

Unfortunately, even if I fancied that much this half face crop, it fails completely because of the render size. Therefore, reducing the length to 500 make the whole deal completely unbalanced with an unidentified Miku taking more than 60% of the area.

then, with a LOT of transitions later:

The gist of it was to give a suggestive effect with colors only, so with a lot of color tweeking and the like (desy can tell you how insanely long I was working on it), I managed to give an aspect of "portrait" (not totally like a painting though).
That said, it looked a bit "plain" or something and suddenly, desy had an idea because of uminko, and it turned out like THIS:

In the end, this one gives a good balance between the left and the right side, and a good balance between red, blue/green and yellow, without being flashy or bland.

Certainly not the most technic signature I have ever done, but certainly one I had a lot of things to do, in order to keep a color balance as I wanted... and it is very far from what I've imagined first