View Single Post
Old 2007-05-01, 16:11   Link #1
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Animated sig Addicts Anonymous

Hi, I am Riker. I am an addict.

Well, not really. But most of the sigs I made are animated, so it kinda became my trademark. I don't use filters or brushes, they are overrated and overused (because I don't know how to use them). Instead, I utilise various animation effects in my sigs to bring them to life (because I don't know how to use filters and brushes). I usually don't start threads, so I don't know what came over me to make this one. Anyways, I guess I'll start by showcasing all my previous sigs.

The first animated sig I made, IIRC.

It's from Mizuiro 2003, one of the earlier animes I watched. Nothing special about this sig. It's just a slide show of images. However at that time, I was so in love with the anime, I had to make a sig from it. It was animated because a static version would have a harder time trying to convey the message. The sig is currently being used by martino. :3

Next would be Part 1 of the Shuffle! sigs I've made. Why Shuffle? Because it's the first subforum I've actively posted in since I registered. I've also found out that of all the sigs I've made, most are Shuffle sigs. Why divide them into parts? Because Deathie told me not to make my opening post too huge. :3

Here we go, the sig that arguably started my animated sig career(?!): The Flippy Sig.

Back then, mongooseboi requested for a Asa sig. I tried to be different from the rest of the sig makers, thus I came up with the flippy animation through trial and error. It was the first time I truely felt the hardship of keeping animated sigs under 50 000 bytes. He didn't use the sig in the end though. : (

After the Asa sig, I've also made Nerine's and Sia's version.

What really started the demand for the flippy sigs, however, was when Mugen-X requested a Primula flippy sig for another forum. He bascially told me "There is no sig limit, go wild", which I did. : )

Thus I added a background and a foreground image for the sig and fiddled around with the timing of the flips.

Then by chance, Catgirls pointed out that by reducing the dimension to 375 x 120, the size can be kept under suki's sig limit. More people started requesting for flippy sigs since then and the rest, I guess, is history.

I'll just post all the different variations of the flippy sigs I've made.

I think my opening post is huge enough. I'll leave the next batch of sigs for my next post. :3
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote