View Single Post
Old 2011-12-18, 23:54   Link #71
Vena
Carpe Diem

Has anyone considered that the reason why the AGE builder hasn't built anything for the Genoace is because its a piece of junk? (Or, quite possibly, it is Grodek who considers it a piece of junk and doesn't equip it with more than its worth.) There are two things that the system/user has(/ve) to take into account when making weapons on limited resources: will it be used to its maximum potential, can it be used to its maximum potential. The Genoace, as far as I know, doesn't have the specs to do much of anything but soak up bullets for more important suits. The Genoace-Custom could use the rifle but as far as my understanding of that was that: Woolf is an ace, and the custom is far above normal specs.

I'm just wondering but why don't we settle for the easiest answer for now: The Genoace is junk and its frame/design cannot handle the output of the rifle (or simply cannot use it to its fullest and the resources would be better off used elsewhere). Similarly, the rest of the Z/E fleet is made of pieces of junk and paper, and the AGE system/Grodek does not find it suitable to arm them with the limited resources it has at its command.

This doesn't preclude the use of the AGE system on something like the DIVA as it is, not only a contemporary in design, but a top of the line vessel to which making renovations would be more than warranted/advisable and a great use of limited resources. So, I say, let's take this as cost/benefit.