View Single Post
Old 2010-11-10, 23:24   Link #223
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
...and why is everything in spoiler tags? I mean, if they're here, they're not exactly unprepared -_-
Because, like it or not, this is still the "Light Novel & Manga Discussion Thread" - manga readers don't necessarily want to know what's coming later in the series.

Furthermore, there might be people wanting to discuss just the translated volumes (so far, there's only one), so pain as it is, we should keep them in mind too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
So let me get this straight, we go from volume six which has the the greatest buildup in character development between the siblings, and a cliffhanger with the opportunity to go where everyone is hoping, praying and screaming this will go...
I've made it through most of 7 (still have to get through the most important part of chap 4, so will be back with my thoughts probably tomorrow) but I'm completely in agreement with winkel.
Spoiler for vol.7:

I'll just say this: there is a BIG difference between reading a book for yourself, and reading summaries and spoilers that are potentially biased in one direction or another. That said, I haven't read the other volumes, only summaries, and I
Spoiler for vol6-7:

Anyways, will be back again later. Ah, the author's interview for this release is also quite interesting, so I'll try and translate some of that too.

======

edit: Right...that was insane. There's a lot in that last chapter, so I don't know where to start. I don't really have time to write a detailed summary of the whole book (a certain blog should have it up by the end of the month), but I can post what I wrote about the 4th chapter if anyone wants spoilers...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-11-11 at 04:10.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote