Thread: Licensed Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-03, 03:37   Link #219
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I think that's true in regards to a more serious or drama/romance-focused series, due to the need to develop all of the main and/or the side characters. However, for an outright comedy such as this, where character development is very minimal or nonexistent, I would disagree. I feel that they are already overplaying the Moriaki/Arashi bits, and I'd hate for it to be used so often that it feels repetitive. Given the premise of this show, it's very unlikely that any of the characters will develop more than they already are, so adding a larger cast would fill the void for the lack of further development. I think the phrase "the more the merrier" sums up my feelings perfectly.
Highly reasonable points. But my own favorite comedy of the past couple of years was Seitokai no Ichizon, with a limited cast and a limited basic range of jokes, enriched by a slowly-developing serious line of relationship among the characters. So the limited cast doesn't bother me at all, depending on what they do with it. I'm not totally captivated yet, but I'm enjoying the ride so far. Humour is a very difficult thing to pin down, and each of us finds a slightly different range of things funny.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote