Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-10, 06:27   Link #3242
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Is this true? Did Shizu break Awai's 5-6 shanten?

I don't have the luxury of time to count but, I dearly hoped this isn't true. Shizu just developing her ability nullification because this is the first time she encounters active abilities like Koromo's haitei and Awai's double riichii is somewhat plausible. It is a bit hard to swallow but that can be blamed to the storytelling.
Not totally broken I think, it's like Marina2 said, she's weakened but that's more than enough to beat her. Awai was just 1 tile away from tenpai (-1), and Ryuuka was 4 tiles away (+1) ... however it's not only that, Ryuuka's hand is overall good now, unlike before where their hands were so crappy they could hardly call any single tile, now she can easily get a quick mangan with an opened toitoi (still needs a certain amount of luck though) if she feels like it.
Using Kuro as a barometer, it would be kuro losing the control of 1 or 2 dora which will go to another person's hand instead.

... oh I just realized ... what would happen if Awai were to face kuro in a match?