View Single Post
Old 2011-08-24, 07:01   Link #13619
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
True, Kamachi-sensei never explicitly stated what happens to espers when they become adults. But, I'm guessing they might work for Academy City by becoming skillouts, doctors, teachers, engineers, etc.
I don't think he has come up with a plan for that yet, but it's such an obvious question that he can't keep ignoring it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Unless the discovery of esper abilities was fairly recent like in the last decade or two, I can partially understand why there are so few adult espers.
Another interesting question: When was Academy City first built?
We don't have an exact date but we know that Psychic Development started way back in the Cold War, both The US and the Soviet were in the race with Academy City.

Again, no official date, but We know that AC had Espers twenty years ago due to that incident with Sherry Cromwell, but we don't know how powerful they were... Probably just Level 1-2s.... And it might even be an early stage so this technology isn't revealed to the public yet.

So yeah, I can accept that powerful Espers like the Level 5s only appeared like half a decade ago (Accelerator), but eventually everybody grows up- and when that happens the population ratio of 80% students would change.