View Single Post
Old 2012-12-03, 15:46   Link #122
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Actually, Iraq was only partially about the oil, part of it was Bush Jr. finishing the job to "get him" due to Saddam's involvement in a plot on Bush Sr. in Kuwait. I believe more oil was coming out of Iraq through the black market and the massively corrupt Oil-for-Food program than over the last few years post-war "New Iraq"

Regarding Iraq rebuilding .. oh boy oh boy. I think you're missing the forest for the trees. Do you know who is one of the most worst off for all those rebuilding contracts? The U.S. government. Do you know how much funding went into the rebuilding of the war-torn country from the U.S?? Over $51 billion. The U.S. government was massively defrauded by those contractors. Let alone expenses for the war -- estimated at over $1 trillion ($3 trillion overall economic impact) it was a terrible investment. Even the Brits spent over $20 billion in expenditures and they barely participated.

Anyways, people can say what they want on numerous topics, and I won't bat an eye -- but I'm pretty wary about people delving into the financial markets, economics or the political-economic sphere..

Outlook remains uncertain
Stupidity will not cloud ill intentions. Just because U.S Gov utterly screw the pooch and failed, does not mean their intention was not for harm.

It is like a failed bank robber, arrested and forced to pay compensation to the teller lady he injured in the robbery-but does not change the fact he entered with the intend to ROB.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote