View Single Post
Old 2011-11-20, 20:00   Link #25776
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
frankly I don't remember where it is and I don't feel like trying to hard, but it was translated. The best I can do is to quote that part:
Thanks for quoting it.

Quote:
You don't need to blast a whole house to destroy some documents, neither you need an explosion of that magnititude to destroy ten tons of gold (they occupy less space than you think).
You are trying hard to come up with a good explanation for that device but you aren't really succeding in my eyes, it's all completely illogical and unreasonable.
The gold wasn't even on the mansion side in the first place.
You don't need to blast a house to kill your relatives either.
The fact that Kinzo had such device is illogical in the first place.
No explanation is good for it, not even that he wanted to play russian roulette with it.

Quote:
But I never did that, you are equating the two things. There is a reason why it is legal to possess a gun but not a machine gun (yes not even in the U.S.). Do you really don't understand the difference? The possession of a machine gun would be automatically considered a felony on the assuption that you wouldn't possess such a thing if you didn't intend to use it for ill purposes.
Let's not even talk about 900 tons of explosives.
If we keep on going on with examples we'll end up on placing in each other mounths things we didn't say.
However I'll apprecciate if you stop talking at me as if I were stupid.
I think everyone knows the law would forbid Kinzo to own that much explosive and that the law forbit people from owning it because it assumed who wants to own it would use it for ill purposes. You've another purpose? The law doesn't care, you're guilty anyway and the law isn't supposed to care if you had another purpose. You can't keep it. Period. This doesn't mean you can't have another purpose.

Quote:
Carefull, you can still kill yourself with a blank if you trigger it at point blank on your head.
Anyway Kinzo's device wasn't a blank.
No, but it could have been stopped should he change his mind. In short he might have been said he was playing russian roulette but never pushed the trigger.

Quote:
I wish that people would acknowledge that a theory based on something that is actually written in the story has more ground than a theory based on a mere speculation. But maybe is asking too much.
I wish you wouldn't use sarcasm.
The 'charm' of Umineko is that there is not definite truth. The white test can lie, the red test can lie, the people can lie.
I give you your theory is based on something the story said. The story also said Kinzo was a caring grandad.
You chose to believe in a part of the story, I picked up the other. We can slam each other head one against the other as many times as we want but we can't prove if it's your part of the story that's true or mine.

Quote:
That's not what I said. What I said is that if the mere action of turning the trigger on "on" is mass murderer then Kinzo was a murderer several times before Yasu.
Go back and check if you don't believe me.
Why you keep on acting as if I didn't believe you? Have I called you a liar?
If you think I didn't report what you said correctly, did you consider maybe I misunderstood you or explained myself poorly?

To explain myself better:
Yasu apparently turned the trigger on and did so with murder in mind. If someone anticipated her this makes her turning her trigger on merely attempted mass murder.
We can't prove that Kinzo ever turned the trigger but if he did and then turned it off on his own and never had the intention to let it go kaboon this makes him an idiot, a jerk, a bastard but not someone who attempted mass murder on purpose (through law might not agree on the principle that's not the sort of games a person is allowed to try out).

I'm discussing intentions here.
If Yasu had the intention to kill someone and tried to carry out that intention even through her plan went thwarted she's guilty, legally and morally.
If Kinzo merely wanted to play a dangerous game but never had the intention to hurt a soul he's legally guilty but not so much morally... though he's definitely an idiot.

Through I wish Ryukishi would give us a better explanation for the island's explosion than Kinzo wanted as island with a self destruction button because no matter how you look at it, that's rather unrealistic.

Quote:
Come on... he wasn't vaporized in tiny molecules. It was relatively safe in comparison.
Personally I wouldn't stay in a place that can crumble on my head and bury me alive. I think drowing would be a way better death if I've to pick up between the two options.

Quote:
We disagree a lot if you think that the fictional stuff doesn't even have a metaphorical meaning.
I already had this discussion. The fact I don't think it had the same metaphorical meaning you think it had doesn't mean it had no metaphorical meaning at all for me.

Quote:
But there is evidence he wasn't thinking straight, that's how it was depicted. However you decided to ignore anything that proves that.

I can't do anything to prevent you from following your own ideas but at least acknowledge that your theory isn't more probable than simply accepting what is apparent.
You tell me he wasn't thinking straight, then you tell me he was acting logically, according to how it suits your point.
I acknowledge you're entitled to your opinion, I'm merely not sharing it.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote