Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-18, 06:55   Link #1932
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I thought I would never need to post in this thread, but apparently a hard reality struck me.

Recently my parents met up with some distant relatives and invited them over. My sister, with her boyfriend, was the subject of smiles until one of them came into my room and asked a question : " Do you have a girlfriend?" Being the male who used his brains more than his mouth, I said, "Why the heck do I need one?"
Rather that sounds like you used your mouth more than your brain.
That response is sarcastic and downright cheeky, but then that fact you swore at them just left me jawdropped xD
- I'd need to have my funeral ready and me death papers set before i ever even consider swearing to my elders and beleive me, your little interogation is nothing compared to some of the family pressures a lot of ethnic minority kids face in the UK, when split between two cultures, chill down a little
Quote:
Immediately they bombarded me with questions like, "Why do you not have one?", "Did you just break up?", "Why don't you go and find?", etc. I just replied in one liners until they went out and offered to matchmake me.

The last straw pissed me off and I went out and snapped, "Where are you going to get the girl from? The red light district? You old people with deteriorating braincells, wake up your bloody idea! Since when do girls nowadays look for a guy who earns less than 4k? You come my house then talk so much bullshit, why don't you use your eyes and look at how the f***ing world has changed in 20 f***king years? The average income of a local here is $5k per month and I am serving my national service, earning 10 times less and you still come here and make so much noise. Go back to your village!"

Often I get people who ask me to, "Go find a girlfriend" in which I can simply slam them back using, "Got lobang(hole/opportunities in Malay, figuratively), intro. No lobang, diam diam (keep your mouth shut)." Naturally people would keep the best for themselves and leave me alone, but this is just too much for me to take when they prod their long noses into a problem I place at ground zero priority and make it sound so important in front of my parents. Now everyone around me is worried that I might turn into a homosexual, hikkikomori or worse : NEET (never going to happen, I believe in working for my own expenditure). If there is a way to quickly find a stand-in which can be quickly dumped on a short notice, life would certainly be easier on those who know the real priorities in life.
Okay, so you're in the dating thread when you have:
zero interest in dating,
being open to it
don't think you need one
or even consider it a 'priority', especially when you think that your current social status wouldn't qualify for a girl to look your way.

What would turn her off moreover is your attitude, swearing isn't pleasant.
No matter how much you're tired of hearing this (take it from someone who's been dealing with that for a long while), they only prod outta concern.
Keeping answers brief (not one liners, per se) and repetitive works better than snapping back in anger or sarcasm, which then puts them on the wrong thinking path that you'll turn out as 'such and such.'

Q. Have a gf?
A. No
Q. Why not?
A. (take your pick)
'I'm focusing more on studies, my career.'
'When the right girl comes, she'll come'
'I'm waiting for God to present the correct moment' (this actually works well, lol)
(insert random 'default reason)
- Not is not the right time for me and I'll find my special lady in my own time.
Don't worry about me.

Whatever you pick, it usually fends them off better, lol.
Companionship with the right partner is a wonderful thing, and humans aren't typically meant to be alone for life.
You're only 20, only just left the hell that is teenagehood, don't be so bitter and resent it so early.
So if they hassle you, it's outta concern, even if it reeeeally doesn't feel like it. Moreover, your attitude probably worries them more, thinking that a girl would be good for you, so maybe you should calmly observe how you carry yourself as a young man?

Just something to think about, but if dating/relationships aren't for ya, then this thread isn't really gonna help much, huh?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote