View Single Post
Old 2010-07-15, 12:16   Link #2214
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Then what was that warp kamehame for? I don't know about you, but when a fighter blows off another fighter's entire upper body, it sure as hell looks to me like they're trying to win.
Goku gave it his all. I'm not arguing against this. Your point?

Quote:
And yes he might not have known Cell's exact full potential, but considering the trouble he gave him without any huge power up from Cell I'd say it was a fairly safe bet. Why would Cell have eaten that sensu bean anyway if he hadn't been considerably drained by fighting Goku? That's a sign right there that Goku pushed him far enough to afford to make certain assumptions and take certain calculated risks. Which paid off in the end.
Might not have known? He DIDN'T know Cell's full potential. And Cell was suppressed when he fought Goku, so of course the weaker Goku would give him a challenge.

Quote:
Well how do you know just how significant that increase to full power was? We never saw him do anything but get beaten the crap out of by SSJ2 Gohan, so it's impossible to say if his full power was that much higher than the one he used against Goku.
I don't know how significant his increase to full power was. But that's not the point. Cell wasn't fighting at full power against Goku and only began using his full power against SSJ2 Gohan.

Quote:
And yes I'm aware Saiyans do get stronger after recovering from battle from sensu beans, but we were talking about Cell here and he is not one hence why I said it in that manner.
Well, Cell does have saiyan cells inside him. That might allow him to receive power boosts after recovering from heavy damage.